Last weekend was “Good Shepherd Sunday,” also known as “Pastor Appreciation Day”. To those who sent gifts, I am making a thank you list; to those who didn’t, I am making a different list.
The most appreciated gifts received were cards from the school children. I want to share some of the cards with you that were written by our school children:
- I am so happy you are in our school
- Thank you for being fun
- Thank you for being the best pest, I love you. PS: Where do you keep your money?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Keep doing what you’re doing
- Thank you for helping with the environment
- Thank you for being a great pest. You show us hope and love in God and us. I will pray the decade of the roiary from you.
- Thank you so much for everything you do for me and everyone else. I am thankful for everything you do.
- I will say a decade of the rosary for you. Thank you for being our pastor. You did great at your job.
- Thank you Father Golden
- Thank you so much! St. Martin’s is really thankful for you Father Gordon
- I am so happy you are our pastor
- Thank you for being our amazing pastor. Thank you for everything you do.
- You are very kind
- Thank you for being our pastor. I will say a rosy for you
- Thank you for serving our church and helping me to be a better person
- Thanks for being a priest
- Thank you for making me be the person I am today. I am lucky that you are here
- Thank you for being nice
- I love pizza
I have put some of those beautiful cards in the foyer of the church for all of our parishioners to enjoy. The rest are on my desk. I thank the children for their beautiful words. If it sounds like I am boasting…you would be correct!